How to update HomePod and HomePod mini and find the current software version
Apple announced the second-generation Apple HomePod in January 2023, replacing the original model that debuted in 2018 (before being discontinued in 2021 ). The HomePod (2nd generation) now ships alongside the smaller HomePod mini. which gives a bigger size great sound AND amazing new colors (midnight) . Here’s how to update your HomePod and HomePod mini.
The original HomePod is no longer available. Feature updates are still supported right now — Apple hasn’t announced an end date for the updates, and the HomePod mini is getting software updates to improve performance and introduce new features.
To get the most out of your HomePod or HomePod mini , you need to make sure they’re running the latest software available. Software updates fix bugs and keep your device running smoothly. It also brings some important new features.
For example, with HomePod version 16.3, a temperature and humidity sensor was introduced to measure the indoor climate used by HomePod (2nd generation) or HomePod mini The update also includes the following new features .
- Reworked surround sound with more coverage and can now add auto order and notifications to the scene in the Home app.
- Find My on HomePod lets you ask Siri to find friends and family. if they share with you
- Recurring home automation can be set up with just your voice.
- Siri will play a confirmation sound to let you know when smart home requests are complete for accessories that may not be visible for a change or in another room.
- Voice Adjustment enhances spoken content, such as podcasts, for greater clarity on HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod (1st generation).
- The volume controls on your HomePod (1st generation) provide more precise tuning and sound at lower volumes.
How to update HomePod and HomePod mini
You can wait for the HomePod to update automatically, but it takes a long time for Apple to start rolling out new versions to users. You can make sure your device is up to date in just a few steps. As you can see, updating the HomePod is worth it, especially since it costs nothing. Here’s how to update your HomePod and HomePod mini.
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the circle in the upper right corner with three dots.
- Click Settings on the home page.
- Click on System Update.
- If you have updates This update will appear here for download and installation.
How to find the current HomePod system version
To check which software version your HomePod is running Follow these steps.
- Open the Home app
- Tap the label for the HomePod you want to check.
- Scroll down on the popup card.
- Click the settings icon in the lower right corner.
- At the bottom of the next popup, you’ll see “Version” under Wi-Fi.
by default, the Smart Speaker will automatically be set to install the latest HomePod software. If you don’t want to bother updating this device. You can set HomePod not to update automatically.
Set HomePod not to update automatically.
Please note that automatic updates will not start immediately. And it may take several weeks or months after the software release before your device is updated. If you’re someone who likes to make sure you’re running the latest software on all your devices. You can log in and request an update right away by following the steps above. The best time to check is after the tvOS or iOS update is released.
Or there is a completely opposite situation. If you’re happy with your HomePod right now. And you don’t want to risk damaging bad system updates. You can turn off automatic updates.
- Open the Home app on your iPhone.
- Click the Home button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Press the Menu button in the upper-right corner of the screen, then select Home Settings from the pop-up window that appears.
- Scroll down to Software Update and tap it.
- в секцията Автоматични актуализации на екрана. Изключете превключвателя до HomePod.
If you’ve updated any of these speakers and noticed some new features, bugs, or issues after updating HomePod and HomePod mini, let us know what happened in the comments.